A triathlon beginning with a trail run, followed by road cycling, and kayaking, with a final strong run back to the finish line.
Participants can compete on their own or with friends on a team. Male, Female, and Co-ed prizes will be awarded. Individual prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd – Overall Male & Female and in the following age groups: 18 & under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
Kayaks can be rented: read on! The race will be capped at 250 participants, so register early!
Race organizers encourage participants to bring family and friends. Their race packet will be filled with discounts and deals from local businesses, where they can enjoy themselves shopping and even grab a bite to eat.
Register Early for a Discount
Register on-line in advance, @ packet pick up or on race day from 8:30 – 10:00 at the Performing Arts Center on Iron Horse Blvd. Save $$$ by registering before noon on May 17th!. On-line registration will end Thursday May 17th at noon. Registration on race day or at packet pick-up May 19th/20th will only be with cash or checks, no credit cards.
Registration fees: Individuals: $75 on-line in advance, $85 @ packet pick up or race day registration. Relay teams: $110per team on-line in advance, $125 @ packet pick up or race day registration.
*Event "swag" goes to the first 175 participants/teams!
Our sponsor hotel, The Simsbury Inn, is offering a great deal for their lovely accommodations. Race participants can book a room for $169.00 per night the week-end of the May 19/20th. Just let them know you are in the race!
Race Day - Sunday May 20, 2018
- Race day registration will be held at the Performing Arts Center on Iron Horse Blvd, Simsbury from 8:30 to 10:00.
- Registration & race packets may be picked up on Saturday the 20th at the Simsbury Free Bike/CT Adaptive Cycling Center off Iron Horse Blvd (next to People's Choice & across from Rotary Children's Park. If you cannot come Saturday, you may pick up your race packet Sunday morning between 8:30 and 10:00am at the Simsbury Performing Arts Center on Iron Horse Blvd. You need to do this prior to dropping off your gear in transition. If you send someone else to pick up your packet, you must send a signed waiver form with them or they will not be able to get your packet. The waiver form is available through the on-line registration site.
- Racers will drop off their bikes and kayaks at bike & paddle transition areas near Flower Bridge after registration.
- Race Briefing will be prior to start at Performing Arts Center Start/Finish line.
- Clothing and Gear:
- Either kayaks or canoes can be used on the river portion of the race, but they must be single-person and preferably closed-deck.
- Life vests are mandatory for the river portion of the race.
- Helmets are mandatory for bike portion (On & buckled at all times!)
- Kayak rentals are available from Collinsville Canoe and Kayak (CCK) and Mainstream Canoe & Kayak, if you don't have your own kayak.
- CCK has 25 boats available and for $35, they will deliver and pick up the boat to transition for you. Paddles and life jackets are included. New this year a $25 option. You pick up by 5pm Saturday & return by 5pm Sunday (25 boats available) Call CCK (860) 693-6977, go to http://www.collinsvillecanoe.com/ or visit them in Canton no later than May 15th to reserve your boat.
- EMS may also have a few kayaks to rent. Check with them at 860-651-8031. You'll need to transport these yourself.
- Your running shoes may get wet getting in and out of your kayak, but you will need them after the kayak section to run to the finish line.
- There will be a multi use water station on the run and water in the transition area.
- There will be port-a-potty's in the transition area and at the finish line.
- The transition area will be secured and monitored.
The after race party will be at Simsbury’s Performing Arts Center. Beverages and food will be available for racers. Food and drinks may be also by purchased from local restaurants & cafes. Music, prizes, gear vendors, and festivities are planned. So, bring the whole family!